Tuesday 18 November 2014

COUNTING DOWN TO CHRISTMAS WITH THE CUTEST HYBRID ADVENT CALENDAR

Wait until you see this hybrid advent calendar Géraldine made! You will be counting down to December instead of Christmas so you can start unpacking those cute little origami boxes!



While I was browsing the Pinterest boards I stumbled upon this super cute advent calendar and instantly fell in love with it!

https://fr.pinterest.com/pin/434245589045241640/

It's very cheap and super fun and easy to make!

I wanted a mix between pastels and bright colors so I made a selection of different papers from different Pink Reptile products [Belvedere, Drawn To You, Forget Me Not, I am Not Perfect, Pop and Ta-dah].

Once I printed those I started folding 24 boxes in origami while following this step by step tutorial I found on YouTube. A slightly different approach but also very easy to do can be found here on the Mr. Printables blog.



As gifts I added small wooden christmas figurines in every box.


On each box I glued a date label [from 'Put A Label On It' that I printed and cut] so it's obvious which box should be opened when, leading up to Christams and which of course is the whole idea of an advent calendar!

And when all boxed were finished I put the in a cute wooden container. Now I can't wait for December to arrive!


As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh these are just awesome and so easy to make!! Thx for the inspiration and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute !!! The hard part is figuring out what to put inside. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha!!! You either need to find a bunch of small things OR you need to make bigger boxes! LOL

      Delete
  3. superbe réalisation Géraldine, BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete